NOW St. John's Wort Extract (Veg Capsules)
Benefits and Results:
- Standardized Extract†
- 3% Hypericin†
- Enhances Mood†
St. John's Wort Extract By NOW Foods - Herbs
What is NOW St. John’s Wort?
St. John's Wort (Hypericum perforatum) has a long history of traditional use by herbalists dating back more than 2000 years.
Natural color variation may occur in this product.
- DAIRY FREE
- EGG FREE
- MADE W/O GLUTEN
- NUT FREE
- SOY FREE
- VEGAN / VEGETARIAN
Why choose NOW Foods St. John’s wort?
Several studies support the therapeutic benefit of St. John's wort in treating mild to moderate depression. NOW St. John's Wort is used for emotional wellness and mood support.
- John’s Wort Extract (Hypericum perforatum) (Herb) (min. 0.3% Hypericin) 300 mg
What is it used for?
- John's Wort is used for emotional wellness and mood support.
This product says it is vegan/vegetarian friendly, yet one of the ingredients is gelatin. Is it vegan/vegetarian?
- These are veg capsules that are made of Hypromellose (cellulose capsule), Stearic Acid (vegetable source) and Silicon Dioxide.
Is this product Non-GMO?
- Yes, this product is Non-GMO as it states on the bottle.
- Enhances Mood†
- Supports a Positive Mental Outlook†
- Standardized to Contain 0.3% Hypericins†
How do I take NOW St. John’s Wort?
Dosages and Directions:
Take 1 capsule 3 times daily, preferably with food. Store in a cool, dry place after opening.
What's In NOW St. John's Wort Extract?
Supplement Facts / Label:
Warnings and Side Effects:
For adults only. Do not exceed 3 capsules daily, unless directed by a healthcare professional. Larger amounts may contribute to photosensitizing reactions (skin reddening) in the presence of strong sunlight or tanning beds. St. John's wort is known to interact with antidepressants, oral contraceptives, immunosuppressants, anticoagulants, anti-seizure, chemotherapeutic agents, and other prescription and over-the-counter medications. Do not use this product while taking any medication or if you have a medical condition without the advice of your physician. Not for use by pregnant/nursing women. Keep out of reach of children.
PLEASE NOTE: Product images represent the product offered but may not contain exact attributes. Please read the product description for the specific attributes of this product.
†PLEASE NOTE: The intention of the information above is for reference only. It is our goal to maintain and display accurate information. Yet, we can't guarantee it represents the latest formulation of the product. If you have any concerns, please visit the manufacturer's website. The information above is not a representation of our views at Same Day Supplements. These are the views and information provided by the product's manufacturer. The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated these statements. The intention of this product is not to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or illness.
*Prices are subject to change at any time and items may limit to stock on hand.
- Katie M. Vance, David M. Ribnicky, Gerlinda E. Hermann and Richard C. Rogers (2014 Feb 28.) St. John’s Wort enhances the synaptic activity of the nucleus of the solitary tract https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4128486/
- Simon Nicolussi, Jürgen Drewe, Veronika Butterweck and Henriette E. Meyer zu Schwabedissen (2020 Jan 17.) Clinical relevance of St. John's wort drug interactions revisited https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7056460/
We offer many shipping options to countries like:
- United Kingdom
Wow!This stuff really works. After years of refusing to take medication for depression, I finally decided to use this and wow! It took about two weeks for it to start working, but it was worth the wait. I can definitely tell the difference in my overall mood and lifestyle.