NOW L-Ornithine Powder - 8 oz
Benefits and Results:
- Fitness Amino Acid †
- Protein Metabolism †
NOW Foods L-Ornithine Powder - 8 oz - Amino Acids
What is NOW L-Ornithine?
Ornithine is a non-essential amino acid that plays a central role in the urea cycle, functioning along with arginine and citrulline to rid the body of ammonia, a by-product of protein metabolism. † Because ornithine is converted into arginine, it can help to maintain healthy arginine levels in the body. † Ornithine can also be converted into other amino acids, such as citrulline, proline, and glutamate, as well as creatine, an important muscular energy source. †
Powder: This product is pure, and because no anti-caking agents are used, lumping may occur. This product contains hydrochloride, the acid normally present in the stomach, which acts to stabilize the L-ornithine.
This product is sold by weight not volume.
Natural color variation may occur in this product.
- Corn Free
- Dairy Free
- Egg Free
- Made W/O Gluten
- Nut Free
- Soy Free
- L-Ornithine (from L-Ornithine Hydrochloride)
How do I take NOW L-Ornithine?
Dosage and Directions:
- Powder: Take 1/2 teaspoon 1 to 2 times daily, mixed with juice or water, on an empty stomach.
- Veg Caps: Take 3 capsules daily with juice or water on an empty stomach.
Store in a cool, dry, dark place after opening.
What's In NOW L-Ornithine Powder?
Supplement Facts / Label:
Warnings and Side Effects:
For adults only. Consult physician if pregnant/nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition. Keep out of reach of children.
Do not eat freshness packet enclosed.
PLEASE NOTE: Product images represent the product offered but may not contain exact attributes. Please read the product description for the specific attributes of this product.
†PLEASE NOTE: The intention of the information above is for reference only. It is our goal to maintain and display accurate information. Yet, we can't guarantee it represents the latest formulation of the product. If you have any concerns, please visit the manufacturer's website. The information above is not a representation of our views at Same Day Supplements. These are the views and information provided by the product's manufacturer. The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated these statements. The intention of this product is not to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or illness.
*Prices are subject to change at any time and items may limit to stock on hand.
- R H Davis and J L Ristow (1983 Jun) Control of the ornithine cycle in Neurospora crassa by the mitochondrial membrane. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC217574/
- G Daune, F Gerhart, and N Seiler (1988 Jul 15) 5-Fluoromethylornithine, an irreversible and specific inhibitor of L-ornithine:2-oxo-acid aminotransferase. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1149323/
- Mika Miyake, Takayoshi Kirisako, Takeshi Kokubo, Yutaka Miura, Koji Morishita, Hisayoshi Okamura, and Akira Tsuda (2014 Jun 3) Randomised controlled trial of the effects of L-ornithine on stress markers and sleep quality in healthy workers https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4055948/
We offer many shipping options to countries like:
- United Kingdom
Love these!I bought these and took 4 before bed the first night and to my amazement I slept through the night and had no trouble falling asleep. I've been taking this product now for 3 months and sleep through the night almost every night. In fact, it's the best sleep aid I've found.
Worked wellTaking these as a natural anti-anxiety remedy and they work great. I sleep so much better at night with 2 of these taken after dinner. A guaranteed 5 hrs sleep where before I woke up every 2-3 hours.
Highly RecommendedI don't have a hard time going to sleep but I do have a hard time staying asleep. I took 4 of these and slept all night long. Not only did I sleep all night, but I woke up without that feeling of hangover that you get after taking a night time sleep aid.