Cognitex with Pregnenolone and Brain Shield By Life Extension, 90 Softgels
Benefits of Cognitex:
- Comprehensive Support of Youthful Cognition and Memory †
- Contains 11 brain-boosting ingredients in one advanced formula †
- Supports the brain’s normal defenses and regenerative mechanisms †
Cognitex with Pregnenolone and Brain Shield By Life Extension - 90 Softgels - Brain Support
What Is Life Extension Cognitex?
Some degree of cognitive decline is a given as you get older. That’s because levels of neurotransmitters and other brain compounds diminish with age. And that can impact what you understand, process, and remember. But with the proper nutrients, you can take steps now to support youthful cognition and memory. Cognitex® with Pregnenolone & Brain Shield® contains all of these brain-boosting ingredients in one advanced formula.
Comprehensive Support for Over 100 Billion Brain Cells
Within 15 years an astounding 71 million aging individuals will be at risk for cognitive problems.1 Fortunately, new research indicates that some of the factors behind this alarming trend may lie within your control. The key is to maintain a steady supply of special nutrients clinically shown to support brain health as you age.
A healthy adult brain has about 100 billion nerve cells. Each cell requires specific dietary support for optimum performance. But most aging individuals unwittingly starve their brains of these critical nutrients with a heart-healthy diet deficient in eggs, red meat and cheeses, the very foods that contain these vital brain-boosting nutrients.
Life Extension’s Cognitex® with Pregnenolone & Brain Shield® is a comprehensive formula containing 11 brain-boosting nutrients that you’re probably not getting from your diet. This once-a-day formula provides nutritional support for over 100 billion brain cells. The result is a youthful cognition and memory.
Shield Your Brain with Gastrodin
Your brain is under constant onslaught from environmental and stress-related challenges, as well as normal aging processes. Fortunately, our brain cells have built-in, self-healing systems that provide natural defenses against these ongoing threats.
Even more remarkable, molecular science is revealing that the human brain has the capacity to preserve the ability to remodel brain functions (plasticity), even in the elderly.
Scientists in China and Singapore have found that gastrodin, a compound typically derived from a traditional Chinese orchid (Gastrodia elata), provides powerful support for the brain’s normal defenses and regenerative mechanisms. Recent studies confirm that gastrodin is one of the most powerful compounds for supporting healthy brain function at any age.
- Support Acetylcholine with Alpha-GPC: L-alpha glyceryl phosphoryl choline (Alpha-GPC), a precursor to the neurotransmitter acetylcholine and also converted to phosphatidylcholine after oral ingestion, is naturally present in almost every cell membrane in the body. A decline in acetylcholine levels coincides with advancing age. Cognitex® with Pregnenolone & Brain Shield® provides Alpha-GPC as a crucial building block for the production of acetylcholine in the brain. Maintaining healthy acetylcholine function is essential to muscle control, sleep, and cognition.
- Vinpocetine Enhances Cerebral Circulation: In an adult, cerebral blood flow is typically 750 milliliters per minute or 15% of the cardiac output. An extract of the periwinkle plant, vinpocetine enhances cerebral metabolism by helping to maintain healthy blood flow and oxygen utilization.
- Maintain Mental Focus with Pregnenolone: As a result of normal aging, key hormone levels decline, resulting in a detrimental impact on memory and cognitive function. Scientists believe that the hormone pregnenolone has vast potential for maintaining healthy cognitive function and may be “the most potent memory enhancer yet reported.”
- Pregnenolone is the first hormone in the pathway that generates a host of key neurohormones in the brain that are known to affect nerve cell growth and to modulate various moods. Pregnenolone therefore has a dominant effect in a wide range of nervous system functions. This is borne out in research that has demonstrated its ability to maintain sharp focus and improve memory, while also maintaining a balanced mood.
- Hops and Rosemary Inhibit Inflammatory Factors: Inflammation is a normal physiological process that is now understood to play a major role in aging. Within the brain, inflammation causes the release of cytokines. Compounds found in hops and rosemary extracts have been shown to help suppress inflammatory cytokines. By inhibiting these inflammatory factors, these two natural plant extracts play an important role in preserving brain cell structure and function.
- Enhance Brain Function with Wild Blueberry Extracts: The best-studied aspects of the wild blueberry extracts pertain to its utility as an agent of neurological support. This is great news for everyone — especially the 80 million of us who will be over 65 by 2040 when the US population is expected to peak. Experts agree that unless we find ways to reduce the age-related declines in brain function, health care costs will continue to skyrocket over the coming decades. As it so happens, cutting-edge research indicates that blueberry phytonutrients can attenuate age-related declines in cognitive and motor function. Wild blueberry extract has been shown to inhibit oxidative and inflammatory changes in brain cells believed to be involved in memory decline.
- Phosphatidylserine: Phosphatidylserine (PS) is required for normal cellular structure and function. Brain tissues are especially rich in phosphatidylserine, but aging causes a decline in the PS content of cells throughout the body. Research has shown that in addition to improving neural function, PS enhances energy metabolism in all cells, memory, concentration, learning and word choice. In the brain, PS helps maintain cell membrane integrity and brain-cell-to-brain-cell connections. Additionally, phosphatidylserine helps the brain use its fuel efficiently. By boosting glucose metabolism and stimulating production of acetylcholine, supplemental phosphatidylserine has been shown to improve the condition of patients experiencing age-associated cognitive decline.
- Ashwagandha Provides Brain Calming Effects: Research suggests that ashwagandha confers neuroprotection by supporting the regeneration of axons and dendrites, nerve cell components that support brain and nervous system function. Ashwagandha also inhibits an enzyme (acetylcholinesterase) that breaks down acetylcholine in the brain. By preserving acetylcholine, ashwagandha helps to maintain youthful cognition and memory.
- Grape Seed Extract Boosts Brain Oxygen Levels: Grape seed extract protects the central nervous system from reactive oxygen species.Grape seed extract improves blood vessel tone and elasticity, thus boosting cerebral oxygen flow.
- Optimize Cognitive Function with Uridine-5'-monophosphate: Uridine-5’-monophosphate (UMP) is a compound naturally found in the milk of nursing mothers and is essential to humans when brains are the youngest. Uridine-5’-monophosphate also supports superior cognitive function in aging adults.
What's In Cognitex By Life Extension?
How Do I Take Cognitex By Life Extension?
Take three (3) softgels of Cognitex in the morning with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Warnings and Side Effects:
Consult a physician or licensed qualified health care professional before using this product if you have, or have a family history of breast cancer, prostate cancer, or other hormone sensitive disease. Do not take this product if you have a history of seizures. If you are taking anti-coagulant or anti-platelet medications, or have a bleeding disorder, consult with your healthcare provider before taking this product.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSEWhen using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
PLEASE NOTE: Product image is representative of the product offered but may not have the exact attributes. Please read product description for the specific attributes of this product.
† PLEASE NOTE: The information above is intended for reference only. While we attempt to keep our information accurate, we cannot guarantee it is an accurate representation of the latest formulation of the product. If you have any concerns, please visit the vendors web site. The information above are the views of the product's manufacturer, not the views of Same Day Supplements. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
*Prices are subject to change at any time and some items are limited to stock on hand.In-stock orders placed before 3pm EST ship out the same day.
We offer many shipping options to countries like:
- United Kingdom