Avocado Grapefruit Salad with Sweet Honey Dressing
Yield: Serves 4
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
For the Grapefruit Salad:
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- 3/4 cup uncooked whole wheat couscous
- 2 large avocados, pitted and diced
- 2 large ruby red grapefruit, sectioned and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1, 15-ounce can white beans, such as navy beans, cannelli beans, or white northern beans.
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a small saucepan, bring the stock to a boil. Remove from the heat, stir in the couscous, then cover at let sit 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and set aside.
- In a small bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together the dressing ingredients: lime juice, honey, olive oil, and salt, or shake all of the ingredients together in a mason jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- In a large bowl, combine beans and couscous. Pour dressing over top and stir to combine. Add the avocados, grapefruit, feta, mint, and cilantro. Toss gently. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Leftover grapefruit salad will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.